Preparing the right documents, filing them correctly, or knowing what to look for can be a challenge for most; but we always tell our clients that conducting due diligence is like receiving free legal advice, especially useful for young and emerging start-ups. Consider it a cheap way to learn a little bit more about how to run a company.Read more…
There are a number of issues that should be considered when structuring a deal.
- Should it be a simple tiered structure?
- Should you establish an off-shore holding?
- How about investing through an SPV or using an equity or convertible loan investment?
- Are there regulatory restrictions?
The term “packaged retail and insurance-based investment product” (PRIIP) captures any product that is:
- a packaged retail investment product (PRIP); and/or
- an insurance-based investment product (outside the scope of this note).
The global frenzy around cryptocurrencies has seen prices fluctuate dramatically over the past year, leading to a growing interest among Malaysian investors. The Central Bank of Malaysia (BNM) has repeatedly maintained its position that digital currencies are not legal tender in Malaysia, and has advised the public to be cautious of the risks that come with them.